RIB Consulting understands that your privacy is important to you and is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality and privacy of personal information entrusted to it.
Information & Data Collection:
We collect information about you if:
- you use this (or any other RIB Consulting) website;
- you enquire about, or engage RIB Consulting to provide, its Services (either in a personal capacity, or as a representative for your employer or client);
- the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary to provide our Services (in these circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to us by our client who may, for example, be your employer or service provider, or we may obtain your personal information from a range of public or subscription sources, directly from you, or from your associates or persons known to you);
- you apply for a position with RIB Consulting;
- you attend RIB Consulting hosted or sponsored event or webinar;
- you contact us with any other enquiry, complaint or notice.
Types & Use of personal information collected:
The following is a summary of the types of personal information we collect, and the purposes for which that information is used.
RIB Consulting collects your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other personally-identifiable information which you voluntarily provide as “comments” when you submit an inquiry through the “Contact Us” tool. RIB Consulting also collects other background information about you in connection with career-related inquiries that you submit through its website.
RIB Consulting’s Former, Current and Prospective Clients:
If you submit an enquiry to RIB Consulting about our Services (either over the website, or by emailing, telephoning or meeting with one of our colleagues), then we will process information such as your name, job title and contact information in order to respond to your enquiry.
If you attend an RIB Consulting event or if you associate with an RIB Consulting colleague at, for example, an industry event, then RIB Consulting may collect basic personal information, such as contact details, which you voluntarily provide (for example, by filling in a form or handing over a business card) in order to facilitate your participation in the event, and for the management of our relationship with you as an actual or prospective client.
If you or the organisation you are associated with becomes RIB Consulting client, then we may process your personal information in order to:
- Carry out “Know Your Client” checks and screening prior to starting a new engagement (as well as basic contact information, this may mean processing compliance related information such as proof of your identity, information about your professional background, history of directorships and, in some circumstance, details of any criminal convictions or adverse media coverage);
- Carry out background checks for the purposes of complying with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws;
- Carry out client communication, service, billing and administration;
- Deal with client complaints; and
- Send our clients newsletters, know-how, promotional material and other marketing communications;
- Invite our clients to events
Performing Services for Our Clients
As discussed above, many of our Services involve the processing of personal information. In the majority of cases, personal information is provided to us in strict confidence, subject to restrictive undertakings on its use / disclosure.
If you apply for a position with RIB Consulting, we will need to collect personal information in order to consider your application, and during any interview and assessment phase.
Finally, if you contact us for any other reason, we will collect basic contact details, as well as any other personal information relevant to the reason for your enquiry, in order to resolve that enquiry.
Legal basis for collecting personal information:
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is justified by a “lawful basis” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps (at your request) to enter into a contract (e.g. where you request certain Services as an individual client, or where we help advise your employer or service provider on fulfilling an obligation to you under a contract);
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (e.g. where we are required to collect certain information about our clients for tax or accounting purposes, or where we are required to make disclosures to courts or regulators); or
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (e.g. background checks for anti-money laundering and terrorist financing purposes); or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to due consideration for your interests and fundamental rights (this is the basis we rely upon for the majority of the processing of personal information in connection with the provision of our Services, and also for the purposes of most client on-boarding, administration and relationship management activities).
In limited circumstances, we will use your consent as the basis for processing your personal information, for example, where we are required by applicable law to obtain your prior consent in order to send you marketing communications.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
RIB Consulting may also disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- responding to requests from law enforcement agencies, regulators or courts, or other legal requests;
- the prevention and/or detection of crime;
- establishing legal rights or to investigate or pursue legal claims;
- a merger, acquisition or corporate restructuring to which RIB Consulting is subject;
- preventing risk of harm to an individual.
Information & Data Security
RIB Consulting has reasonable technical safeguards, security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Measures we take include placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers, limiting access to your personal information on a “need to know” basis, and providing training to appropriate RIB Consulting personnel. We also maintain comprehensive policies addressing data incident response protocols. Our IT Security Program is audited on a regular basis. Despite RIB Consulting’s best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats.
We are committed to ensuring that we comply with the data protection principles, as listed below.
- Ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully.
- Processing client data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal and contractual requirements.
- Establishing appropriate retention periods for client data.
- Ensuring that data subjects’ rights can be appropriately exercised.
- Providing adequate security measures to protect client data.
- Ensuring that all staff is made aware of standard practice for data protection.
- Ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organization, is dealt with effectively and promptly.
- Regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organization.
Our data protection principles:
- Client data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Client data shall be obtained with the purpose of completing our contractual obligation to the Client, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures shall be taken against the unauthorized processing of Client data, and against the accidental loss, destruction, or damage to client data. To this end, Client data will be stored on our servers and protected with AES 128-bit or 256-bit encryption. Each file will be protected with a unique password, which will be held only authorised personnel.
RIB Consulting retains your personal information for the period of time required for the purposes for which it was collected, any compatible purposes which we subsequently establish, or any new purposes to which you subsequently consent, or to comply with legal, regulatory and RIB Consulting policy requirements. This period of time will usually be the period of your, or the relevant client’s, relationship or contract with RIB Consulting plus a period reflecting the length of time for which legal claims may be made following the termination of such relationship or contract. Some information (such as call recordings, tax records and certain information required to demonstrate regulatory compliance) may need to be kept for longer. Personal information will be kept for a shorter or longer period of time if so required by law or RIB Consulting policy, if the information becomes subject to a legal hold (for example, following a communication from our regulator) or if we have identified through a data protection impact assessment that a different retention period is appropriate.
RIB Consulting provides its content on www.ribcon.com subject to the following terms and conditions. We may periodically change the Terms without prior notice, so please check back from time to time. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to these Terms.
All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons, images, and videos, in addition to any concepts, know-how, tools, frameworks, software, applications or other technology, algorithms, models, processes, and industry perspectives thereof (the “Site Content”) is the exclusive property of RIB Consulting and, to the extent applicable, is protected by Indian copyright laws. Neither the Site Content nor functionality of the Site, may be copied, reproduced, modified, reverse engineered, altered (including the removal or disabling of any security or technological safeguards, disclaimers, or legends) uploaded, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our written permission, except for those uses specified in Section 3 – Use of site content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of RIB Consulting. You agree that, except as expressly permitted by us, you will not refer to or attribute any information to RIB Consulting in any public medium (e.g., press release, websites, or public social media) for advertising or promotion purposes, or for the purpose of informing or influencing any third party and that you will not use or reproduce any Trademark of, or imply any endorsement by or relationship with RIB Consulting
3. Use of site content
Site content can be used solely for your internal, business use, provided that you do not modify the Site Content in any way (including creating derivative works thereof), that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site Content, and that you otherwise comply with these Terms. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, reverse engineer, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site Content without RIB Consulting’s prior written consent. In addition, you may not “mirror” the Site Content or any portion thereof without RIB Consulting’s express written consent.
The content and functionality on the site are provided with the understanding that rib consulting is not herein engaged in rendering professional advice or services to you, no site content is intended to serve as or shall be deemed advice, and that you shall remain solely responsible for your use of all site content and acknowledge that any reliance upon the site content shall be entirely at your sole option and risk. All content and functionality on the site are provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Rib consulting and its third-party content providers make no warranties, express or implied, as to the ownership, accuracy, or adequacy of the site content. Neither rib consulting nor its third-party content providers shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or losses or for lost revenues or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages or losses and regardless of the theory of liability.
You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold harmless RIB Consulting and all of its predecessors, successors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, investors, employees, agents, representatives, and attorneys and their respective heirs, successors, from and against any and all liability, expenses, costs, or other losses incurred by RIB Consulting in connection to any claims arising out of your use of the Site and/or any breach by you of these Terms, including the representations, warranties and covenants you made, if any, by agreeing to these Term.