Total Productive Maintenance | TPM Consultant India
Total Productive Maintenance or TPM is a systematic approach to improve efficiency, productivity and reliability of the equipment in an organisation. to improve the efficiency, TPM aims at eliminating 16 Major losses, which obstruct production efficiency. Total Productive Maintenance Training & Implementation not only increases production by improving effectiveness of machines but also helps in increasing employee morale and job satisfaction.
- Total means Total involvement of all employees from Top to Bottom and Total elimination of all losses
- Productive means Prevention & sustenance, Partnership between Production & Maintenance and Maximum productivity by maximising OEE, Yield & Reducing Costs
- Maintenance means maintaining basic conditions of Equipment, Operations and Environment
Need for TPM
- The economic environment surrounding corporations has become even more severe and total elimination of waste is required for the survival of any organisation. Therefore, wastes generated due to the failure shutdown of facilities which have been built with huge investment and wastes such as defective products should be absolutely eliminated.
- Requirements for product quality has become even more stringent and not even one defective product should be allowed. Quality-assured delivery of total quantity is now taken for granted.
- The small-lot production of various kinds of products and shortening of production lead time have been strongly required to meet diversified customer needs. That is to say, TPM to reduce the 8 major equipment losses to zero has been recognized as necessary for corporate survival.
TPM Aims at
- Establishing a corporate culture that will maximize production system effectiveness,
- Organizing a “genba-gembutsu” system to prevent losses and achieve such “reduction-to-zero” targets as “zero-accidents”, “zero-defects” and “zero-breakdowns” in the entire production system life-cycle,
- Involving all functions of an organization including production, development, sales and management,
- Involving every member of an organization, from top management to front-line operators, and
- Achieving zero losses through the activities of overlapping small groups.
How RIB Consulting can help you in TPM Implementation?
RIB specialize in Total Productive Maintenance consulting. Our TPM consultants engage all levels and function in an organization to maximize overall production efficiency besides tuning up existing processes and equipment by reducing mistakes and accidents. Our TPM consultants ensure that while the maintenance department remains the key holder for preventive maintenance, it is not restricted to the department and involve workers in all department and levels to ensure effective equipment operation.
A vital part of our Total Productive Maintenance consulting is to train workers to take care of the equipment with which they work. Our TPM training consultants work with your team on preventive maintenance, mistake-proofing equipment, to eliminate product defects and to make maintenance easier. Our TPM consulting also includes designing and installing equipment that needs little or no maintenance and setting up processes for quickly repairing equipment after breakdowns occur.
Our Total Productive Maintenance consulting is directed towards the ultimate goal of zero equipment breakdown and zero product defects, which in turn results in improved utilization of production assets and plant capacity.
With our immense experience in Total Productive Management consulting for various companies in Kenya and India we are arguably one of the best TPM consultants today. If you are looking for Total Productive Maintenance consultants, feel free to contact us.
We offer Training & Implementation of following Topics under Total Productive Maintenance:
Autonomous Maintenance (Jishu Hozen Step 1-7)
Focused Improvement (Kobestu Kaizen)
Spare Parts Management
Maintenance Key Performance Indicators
Maintenance Standard Operating Procedures
Project Report Writing
Root Cause Analysis
Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
Failure Modes Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
We are global TPM consultants offering TPM consultancy services across India including Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, and Punjab. Feel free to contact us via phone or our contact and our Total Productive Maintenance consultants will get in touch with your very shortly.
TPM Training – Significance and Benefits
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is an emerging concept that strives to enhance the reliability, efficiency and productivity of men and machines across an organization – ideally a manufacturing facility. Keeping employees motivated and happy is as important as maintaining equipment in perfect condition for manufacturing firms to continuously churn out quality deliverables within agreed timelines. While the concept may seem simple, successful implementation requires all employees to be familiar with TPM program in order to practise it on a daily basis.
The scope of TPM training typically spans different types of maintenance – planned, preventative, predictive and autonomous, how to define standard operating procedures, plan and schedule maintenance jobs, track them using key performance indicators, analyse failures, criticality, and root causes, and draw up maintenance reports. Identifying scope for improvement and effectively managing spare parts and other related topics are also addressed.
TPM Training – Who is it for?
TPM training is ideal for manufacturing organizations that are looking to enhance the overall efficiency of production facilities. The training is intended for all employees associated with the production system, from engineers and supervisors to shop floor workers, maintenance personnel and support staff.
Attending TPM Training will help you gain insights to
Grasping and practicing the fundamentals of Total Productive Maintenance
Profiting from Autonomous, Predictive, and Total Productive Maintenance by extending the life cycle of your assets
Equipping yourself with the latest Preventive Maintenance methods to increase reliability and availability of machinery
Designing solid maintenance plans and schedules for sustainable operational effectiveness
Selecting the best maintenance methodology for your organisation
Benchmarking against the latest plant maintenance techniques for continual improvement and proficiency
Arriving at the root cause of problems to stop them from reoccurring in the future
Deploying Predictive Maintenance to overcome your day-to-day maintenance challenges
Galvanising your team to take ownership and pride in taking care of your machinery
TPM Training – What Improvements Can You Expect?
TPM program proves beneficial across several industries such as Automobile, Airline, Chemicals and fertilizers, Food and Beverage and others that rely heavily on automated equipment and machines for daily operations. Salient benefits include but are not limited to:
Marked improvement in operational efficiency and productivity across the system
Enhanced cross functional coordination and working
Reduced downtime leading to timely completion of customer orders
Reduced accidents and defects
High conformance to Quality standards
Reduction in manufacturing costs
As TPM strives to integrate human efforts to increase operational efficiencies of machines, successful implementation can bring about continuous improvement in a sustainable manner. TPM training enables employees and organization to use the concept in the right way.
Our TPM training course is thoroughly researched and structured to provide intense and intimate practical training to your organisation. Our format:
Combination of educational presentations and case studies, productive in-session assignments and participants collaboration to provide actionable learning
Strictly limited numbers to allow for greater interaction and one-to-one interaction with the trainer
Detailed pre-course questionnaires to allow you to tailor the programme to address your individual concerns